Ellen's practice areas range from estate planning, probate, fiduciary litigation to guardianship. She has a depth of litigation experience gained from her work representing clients in commercial and insurance litigation. Her practice encompasses all aspects of guardianship, estate/trust administration, representing executors, trustees, heirs and beneficiaries, and creditors, in routine estate administrations as well as complex and contested matters. Ellen has written and presented various CLE materials on probate estate administration and guardianship.
Away from the office, Ellen Stewart works pro bono with Family Eldercare and Volunteer Legal Services on projects involving estate planning, probate and guardianship. Her volunteer work also includes serving on the Texas Wellness Conference Planning Committee (2006), serving on the board of directors for the ABA Estate Planning and Probate Section. Outside of the legal community, Ellen works with college students at Southwestern University and Texas State University as an advisor. Ellen previously served as the local president of the Greater Austin Alumni Association of Southwestern University from 2007-09 and still participates in the local alumni events. Ellen and her family reside in north Austin, where her youngest child attends Murchison Middle School while her oldest attends Southwestern University. Ellen and her family are members of St. Theresa Catholic Church and former members of St. Thomas More Catholic Church.
- Baylor University Law School JD 1996
- Southwestern University BA Magna Cum Laude 1993
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Member 1996 – present
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate and Trust Section
- State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section
- Texas Bar Foundation – Life Fellow
- Austin Bar Association
- ABA Estate Planning and Probate Section (Board of Directors 2007-2013; Chair 2010-11; Chair-Elect 2009-10)
- ABA Litigation Section
- Estate Planning Council of Central Texas
- Real Estate Probate & Trust Law
- Williamson County Bar Association
- Admitted - United States District Court for the Northern and Western Districts of Texas